In six weeks time on Thursday, October 30 I will be in New York City as the guest of the Animals and Society Initiative at New York University making a presentation about Growl and the issues that I raise in my book. This date marks the beginning of a three-week working visit to the East Coast of the USA.
My recent Indiegogo campaign helped to raise the funds needed to make possible the following itinerary. I want to express my sincere thanks to everyone who generously contributed. Thank you!
- Thursday, October 30: Animals and Society Initiative at New York University
- Friday, October 31: Interview with Caryn Hartglass of REAL Radio
- Tuesday, November 4: Professor David Cassuto’s Animal Law Class and Professor Len Mitchell’s Business Ethics Class at Pace University
- Wednesday, November 5: Second Professor Len Mitchell’s Business Ethics Classes at Pace University
- Thursday, November 13: Lunchtime presentation with Alley Cat Allies staff, volunteers and trustees in Bethesda, MD
- Thursday, November 13: Evening public presentation at Busboys & Poets in Washington, DC
- Friday, November 14: Morning meeting with Dawn Moncrief, A Well-Fed World
- Friday, November 14: Afternoon presentation with ASPCA’s Washington DC office staff
- Saturday, November 15: Evening presentation hosted by Maine Animal Coalition at University of Southern Maine
- Sunday, November 16: Eventing presentation to Boston Vegetarian Society at the vegan Grasshopper Restaurant
- Monday, November 17: Evening reception hosted by GREY2K USA Worldwide at their offices in Arlington
Additional dates to my itinerary are being finalised. Please visit the Events section on this website to keep up to date with the latest news and information.
Please know your generous support of my Indiegogo campaign also helped to make possible my presentations at the following:
And between now and leaving for the USA in six weeks, I will be also speaking at:
- Book Buster in Hastings (look for their page on Facebook)
- London Vegfest
- 2nd Annual Humanities in Public Festival at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Inaugural launch conference of the Centre for Human Animal Studies at Edge Hill University
I will be back in touch soon with further updates, including announcements about book clubs reading Growl and more public events.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’re interested in me speaking in your area or working with you on your animal rights campaigns.
Thank you for doing all that you do for the animals!